Monday, December 8, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
So this amazingly strong owl drops off this huge box for me and before I can take it in and care for it before it returns across the sea it takes off ( Hermione must run a tight shift) Anyway I of course break right into it.
Like the Pumpkin Pasties
And My TOTALLY AWESOME BACKPACK that is TOTALLY AWESOME!
Which turned out to be this totally amazing item...
Then another package that said A little piece of Italy...
Oh my, Yay..
Then something to help in potions class... (filled with candy)
What I believe to be a project/needle holder..
Along with some needles to put in it WOW THANK YOU...
And some patterns....
A Dishcloth with Sirius's tat on it I believe.
Amazing Hufflepuff sock yarn...
And a Cauldron...
And so here is the entire Awesome package all together.. I vote Hermione for best kit!!!
Thank you again Hermione this kit was totally awesome...
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
a. 10 galleons
b. 8 galleons
c. 15 galleons
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
a. Charms Club
b. Gobstones Club
c. The Slug Club
d. Occlumency Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
a. Ambrosius Flume
b. Dirk Cresswell
c. Ciceron Harkiss
d. Barnabas Cuffe
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
b. Aunt Ethel
c. Aunt Edna
d. Aunt Thelma
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?a. 30
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
a. The Most Extraordinary Society of Charms
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Herbology
c. The Most Extraordinary Society of the Defense Against the Dark Arts
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
a. The antidote for blended poison will be equal to less than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
b. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to less than the product of the antidotes for each of the separate compenents
c. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the product of the antidotes for each of the separate compenents
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separtea components
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Did you all get your homework done from last week? The questions are really easy and personal this week...no need to go hunting for answers anywhere besides your own brain. Just some fun getting to know you questions and to help make the next swap better. ;)Be sure to post your answers before Thursday at midnight.
1. If this was your first HSKS, have you enjoyed yourself. If you are alumni, was this term better than other terms (if so how)? This was my first HSKS and I thought it was a lot of fun. What a great idea thank you very much to the Head Mistress and all others who make this possible and for setting everything up.
2. Will you be returning for HSKS7? I would love to but it will have to depend on the timing of it and how we (Ronnica and the kids and I) are doing (physical and finacial health)
3. What is your favorite part of HSKS? I love to roll-play, but the friendships and interactions with everyone is great too. All the creativity that goes into it is a lot of fun too.
4. If you had the chance to switch houses next term would you? What house would you be in? No way, Huzzah Hufflepuff.
5. Are there any problems that you need to talk to the Head Girl or Prefects about? I am pretty sure I have talked about everything that I needed to talk about already, the Prefects and Head Girl have been very helpfull, thank you.
6. Has your Spoiler been in contact with you about your package? Yes, thank you very much Hermione, what a great spoiler.
7. Have you been in contact with your Spoilee to let them know you are still with us? ;) Yes, Grandma Grumblyplank was a lot of fun to spoil.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
4. Professor Trelawney
5. Belly (given to me by my big house elf)
7. Draco Firewalker
8. The Irish
9. The Fat Lady
14. Nosebleed Nougat
15. Hermione Bagnold
Bring on the madness...
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
c. Pumpkin Juice
d. Elf-Made Wine
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
a. Gwenog Smith
b. Gwenog Jones
c. Glen Jones
d. Glen Smith
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
a. Cockroach Clusters
b. Sherbet Lemon
c. Acid Pops
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
b. Blast Ended Skrewt
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
c. Royal Blue
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
a. 9 Galleons
b. 18 Galleons
c. 16 Galleons
d. 12 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
1. On what day does Harry run into Draco and Narcissa in Diagon Alley? Saturday (Aug3)
2. How does Harry get detention in DADA? He tells professor Snape that he(Snape) does not have to call him(Harry) sir after Proffesor Snape corrects harry to call him (Snape) Sir
3. How does Ron get his spot on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team? Herminoe cast the confundus charm on McLaggan causing him to miss his last goal and Ron saved all 6 goals.
4. When is the first Apparition lesson? first saturday in february (feb1)
5. When do Ron and Ginny breakup with Lavender and Dean? Just after Harry leaves the common room under his invisibility cloak to go see Hagrid after drinking some Felix Felicis (april 21)
6. What Horcrux is hidden in the cave? Slytherins locket (technically none)
7. Who does Filch have a romance with? Madame Pince
8. When is Voldemort’s birthday and birth place? Dec 31 in London
9. What is Dumbledor’s favorite flavor of jam? Raspberry
10. Who is “Mollywobbles” and who uses the name? Molly Weasley and Arthur Weasley calls her that
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
1 Which is your favorite book in the series (and why)?Deathly Hollows probably because I very much want to read now that I have finished HBP again plus sooo many questions answered.
2 If you were taking Owls, which class would you get an E in? Prolly Transfiguration
Would you get any Ts? Yes in Divination
3 Who is your favorite character (or characters) in the Harry Potter series? Ron (such a dork)
4 If you had to pick 1 character for a roomate, who would you pick and why? Fred and or George they would be sooo much fun to room with.
Who'd be your least-favorite to have as a roomate?McLaggan
5 Hufflepuffs are a hardworking bunch, but also a bit mischevious. Which Hogwarts professor would you most like to prank, and how would you do it? Professor Trelawny, I would enchant her shawls to entangle her everytime she said the word grim.
6 Favorite DADA professor? (from the books, Lucius does NOT count :) Lupin
7 Favorite magical creatures? (Also, if for example you like a certain creature in general, but not how they are represented in the HP canon, feel free to elaborate :) Phoenix
8 What is your favorite food in the HP universe? Anything made by Mrs. Weasley
Which food or foods would you like to try in real life? Treacle Tarts
Do you have any recipes to share with us ;)? No sorry
9 Broom, floo powder, portkey, or magic carpet? Broom
10 Since we're Hufflepuffs... Yellow or Black? Black
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
It is way too small... it doesn't even fit my littlest house elf (3yro) so I had to start over.
The new one is finished and sent out by owl but will not be shown until it makes it to it's destination.
ETA: It has made it to it's destination so here it is...She has said that she loves it and it fits well so that is good. It was made with some stash Malabrigo so i am sure that is will get lots of use this winter season... of course in Las Vegas I am not sure how much use there is for a winter hat... I guess at night it gets quite cool. This was lots of fun and I can't wait for the next round.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Somehow it gave me a picture of this Dork... I figured maybe someone jinxed the camera or something so I asked to have my picture taken again with a different one and it just got worse...
I think maybe some Slytherins may have had a hand in this... So much for picture day.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
2. How long have you been at your craft? About 2 months.
3. Do you spin? If yes do you use drop spindle or wheel. I have spun using a drop spindle but not much recently
4. What is your favorite color? Black and recently I have taken a liking to yellow
7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? Any synthetics
8. Are there any yarns that you’ve been eyeing and wanting to try? Not really I have had a pretty good smorgeshboard (SP?)
9. What are you currently working on? The second of a pair of Dragon scale gauntlets (fingerless arm warmer)
10. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Pictures are welcome.) The first pair I made of the Dragon scale Gauntlets.
11. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? Fair Isle
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Rav ID: Knit-to-Bond
Pets that I have: None
My favorite yarn: Animal fiber
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? HUFFLEPUFF Huzzah
My favorite flavor: Banana or Watermelon
My favorite holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. Halloween
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) Surprise
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: Addi size 3, 40"
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: Knitpicks Harmony
I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?) This is my first year
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? Not this swap :(